With Valentine's Day just around the corner, trying to decide on the perfect gift may be a daunting task. If you're tired of giving the same flowers and candy every year, consider these refreshingly simple ideas that put the heart back into Valentine's Day. And if you really want to impress your Valentine, combine all of these ideas into a day full of sentimental bliss. It's sure to be a Valentine's Day your loved one will never forget.
1. Rekindle the flame: There's nothing that puts a spark back in your relationship like an old fashion candlelit dinner. You may think this is too cliche, but try adding a creative twist like arranging it in a room you don't usually eat in or outside on a patio or porch. Floating candles is another way to update this age-old tradition. Can't cook? Order your Valentine's favorite take out and arrange it nicely on plates to give it that special touch :->
2. Write a letter to your Valentine. There's nothing like a heartfelt letter or poem that expresses your appreciation to another person. Reminiscence about the day you met or make a list and label it "all the things I love about you." Pick some flower petals and sprinkle them into the letter and seal it with a kiss. Tape it on the bathroom mirror, the car steering wheel or anywhere else your Valentine is sure to see it.
3. Create a digital photo album. If you have an iPad apps like Whip (www.whiptheapp.com), by ArcSoft, can help you create a photo album in minutes with up to 24 photos complete with a customized background, captions and music. Afterwards you can share via Whipstream, Facebook or email it to your Valentine. This is a great way to preserve the memories for years to come. Here's some inspiration to create your Valentine's day Whip: http://share.whiptheapp.com/s-6AMkMX0u.
4. Take a walk on the beach. Even in cooler weather a relaxing walk on the beach, hand-in-hand, can be perfect for Valentine's Day. Pack a blanket, and a picnic basket with some treats from home. If you have some wine laying around the house, bring that as well with some of your best wine glasses. Find a good spot and the rest is as easy as opening the picnic basket.
5. Make your bathroom into a spa. There's nothing more relaxing then a trip to the spa. How about recreating the spa experience at home? Draw a warm bubble bath, turn the lights off and light some candles. If you don't have bubble bath, try some rosemary or lavender essential oil for a delightful scent. Add a classic touch, by using flowers petals either in the water and leading up to the bath. This is a perfect way to start or end your Valentine's Day.