Here's a site that I feel will prove beneficial to those looking to create, or improve, their on-line community. Take advantage of this incredible offer, even if you don't have a concrete plan in place.
BigMarker.com (www.bigmarker.com), the social network for Communities, is having a giveaway of lifetime proportions. Anyone who creates a Private Community on BigMarker before March 1st, 2012 will retain that Community for life, free of charge. On March 1st, 2012 the monthly fee becomes $19.95. Whether members wish to use a Private Community now or later, anyone who upgrades before March 1st will keep the Private Community, free of charge, forever.
BigMarker is ideal for Communities attempting to make a difference on a budget:
- Meet anytime in the Virtual Conference Room
- Meet face-to-face, one-on-one, one-on-many, or many-on-many
- Streamline project management by creating, assigning, and prioritizing tasks
- Share files
- Touch base regularly, outside of a Conference, with the Community Bulletin
- Chart progress with the Task Timeline and Community Calendar
- Send Community newsletters with updates and announcements
- Send Kudos to encourage and thank fellow members
(*disclaimer: I was not compensated in any way for this information. I just thought it useful and wanted to share.)